These end up being really crunchy and delicious not jaw breaking like the ones you buy in the shops!
125 g butter
1 cup caster sugar
1 tablespoon golden syrup
2 cups self-raising flour
3 teaspoons powdered ginger ( added another 1 or 2 more as I am a ginger freak)
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan-forced.
2. Prepare biscuit trays by greasing or covering with silicone paper.
3. Sift flour, ginger and bicarbonate of soda together.
4. Cream butter, sugar and golden syrup.
5. Add egg and beat to mix.
6. Fold in sifted flour, ginger and bicarbonate of soda.
7. Roll teaspoon sized amounts into small balls, dip into extra sugar and place on tray sugar
8. Leave plenty of room for spreading.
9. Bake for 15 minutes until nicely browned.
10. Leave to cool on tray for a few minutes until the biscuits harden.
Original recipe taken from: http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/ginger-nuts-L6331.html